Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Best Games of 2024

Helskate:helskate


helskate

It doesn't look like we're getting a Tony Hawk's Pro Skater game anytime soon, which means helskate ps5 has an open road to my heart. Created by one of the THUG developers, Helskate takes classic THPS mechanics and wraps it around a roguelike formula that has you fighting monsters as much as you move.
We've had an invite to Triple-A games this year, but next year could be lean as all those delays catch up and we get back to normal. It may be up to the indies to keep up that momentum next year, but with helskate game and a dozen others I have my eyes on, I think they'll get the job done.helskate console

Throne & Liberty:

throne and liberty

throne and liberty
Delayed until 2024 to radically change aspects that didn't sit well with beta players, such as autoplay and the importance of microtransactions, Throne and Liberty could well see Amazon finally making it an MMO. Correcting along. It looks fantastic; A detailed world, the ability to shift into animal form seemingly at will, and awesome siege set pieces all appeal.
It's all a big if, though - after all, New World had a ton of promise at first. While I played a lot when it first launched, it was never the kind of game that enticed me to come back after many notable launches over the past year. If Amazon can prove they actually listened, it could be huge. All of this could equally apply to Blue Protocol, another MMO I've had a look at.

S&Box:


S&Box

We haven't heard much about a spiritual successor to Gary's mod, though S&Box is supposedly coming out in 2023 for early access. The lack of substantial development has me doubting it, but I'm nonetheless excited whenever it arrives, as Gary's mode was a huge part of my early years.
I have over 2,000 hours in jailbreak, TTT, sandbox, rp, and other modes. It's where I met other LGBTQ+ people still trying to come out of the closet, where I faced painful days I wanted to step aside, and where I saw gaming in a new light. grew to appreciate, to see how it all comes together. I hope the sequel reignites that spark, but mostly, I'm excited to see how S&Box can innovate what was already a perfect community-driven formula.

Post a Comment

0 Comments