Path Of Exile 2:
Last year, I hoped that Exile 2 would come out. After a full year passed, I had no such luck. Here's looking to 2024 though! The closed beta for Path of Exile 2 starts in June, and I'm excited to get lost in the sheer amount of content out there.
I had never played a game like Path of Exile before I played the first one, but it immediately captured my heart. There was something very satisfying about sorting through gems and crafting the perfect armor. The second game has 240 skill gems and 200 support gems, so I expect to spend a lot of time standing in town just reading mini descriptions.
Nightingale:
Nightingale is slated for an early access release next year, and I'm hoping a full release will follow soon. In case you haven't heard, Nightingale sounds like the next Wilhelm. You can build small outposts, upgrade gear, and just do all the things we want to do in normal survival sandbox games.
But the fantasy trappings of Nightingale caught my eye the most when its first trailer came out. It combines these spectacular environments with Victorian-era equipment that sets it apart from the crowd of survival games we usually see. And the combat looks magical and charming and just, AGH, it looks great. Also, I'm a fan of cooperative experiences, so this is on my wish list.
Helldivers 2:
The Gamescom trailer was hilarious, but I'm still a total sucker for this cooperative shooter. 90% of the reason I play games is to enjoy time with friends, and if I had to describe it simply as "monster hunter but in space with guns", it fits perfectly. The gunplay looks clean, the aliens are interesting, and the missions seem to have the perfect jump-in/jump-out structure that makes getting some games at an easy pitch. I can't wait to blame Dexter for calling in an airdrop on my entire squad.
Skull and Bones:
Someone’s got to say it, right? I’m not excited for Skull and Bones in the regular sense. It’s not that I think it looks really good, that I think it will scoop up Game of the Year awards, or that I think it will reinvent the naval warfare genre (is that even a thing?). I’m just intrigued as to what this game will be. It’s had more reboots than my PC when Windows rolls out a new update, and my morbid curiosity won’t be sated until I’ve played the final product.
0 Comments